It’s no secret that I love pink so it goes without saying that I have a ton of pink polishes. In every shade possible. I am not really a fan of glitter though. I can’t tell you why. Lately though I have been drawn to some of the glitters I have seen. I have even *gasp* bought some!
When I saw Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter I knew I had to have it. It’s pink after all. This is what I came up with.
This is what I used and how I did it.
- I used my normal Tip Top Miraculous results base coat and then two coats of Sinful Colors – Pink Forever, except on my ring finger where I only used one coat of Pink Forever.
- I then waited for that to be completely dry. This is very important.
- I then used normal sticky tape. I made sure to stick it to the back of my hand to get rid of some of the stickiness first. Then I marked off my tips. You can make this as big or small as you want. Make sure the tape is sticking all the way across your nails and right into the side. You don’t want the other polish to ‘bleed’ through. It’s also a good idea to put the tape on all your nails before painting. That means you don’t have to fiddle with tape and lining it up while some of your nails are still wet.
- Do one nail at a time. Paint your polish (in this case the glitter) over your tips and immediately pull off your tape. If you wait for it to dry too much you will most likely just pull the polish off with it. Doing it while wet leaves clean lines. You could use a tweezer here if you wanted to. This is handy if you have already painted some fingers. No smudging or messing up wet nails. Tweezers work really well to pull tape off quickly with no mess.
- On my accent nail I just painted a coat of the glitter over the Pink Forever.
- Topped that all off with a coat of top coat and you’re good to go.
Now some more pics to enjoy. You will see one or two are in different lighting and how the glitter sparkles. So pretty. I totally fell in love with this 🙂
Thanks for reading!