I have had the longest crush on Zoya nail polishes. I also have a wishlist on my desk with a list of all the polishes I would like and the first two pages used to be Zoya polishes. I have since changed it to just one item. “Any / All Zoya Polishes”. That about sums it up. Not only do I love the colours and finishes of Zoya but also what the brand stands for and that they deliver on every promise they make. Here is just a little bit of information about Zoya:
- It was developed by a Russian husband and wife in the US. She was a pianist and when they moved to the US she couldn’t find work so she went into cosmetology instead. When she was pregnant she discovered she was having a reaction to her nail polish. Her husband – a chemist – decided to make a plan. Together they worked on a new formula that was safe to use and had no harmful chemicals. Zoya was born.
- The polish is a formaldehyde, toulene, dibutylphthalate (DBP) and camphor free, vegan friendly formula. It is totally safe! They are the first brand on the market that went green.
- Zoya Nail Polish was specifically formulated to deliver the longest wear possible on natural nails. Their formula is patented to them and has an amino acid bond which bonds to the NATURAL nail resulting in less chips. They have also won multiple awards.
- Zoya has more than 300 colours in the range with an average of 4 seasonal collections per year.
I was lucky enough to meet up with the Zoya SA team yesterday to get more info and play with some polishes. Especially the new PixieDust. I was so excited I could barely see straight. I am currently wearing PixieDust on my nails and it is even more gorgeous than I thought it would be. I knew that I would love one colour but when I actually saw them there was no way I could choose. The PixieDust is a matte glitter nail polish with a textured finish. I won’t even mentioned the rows and rows of the standard range polishes. Every time I thought I saw the most beautiful shade I saw another one that I loved even more. I have now determined that I need every single one.
I took tons of photos too so this is going to be a very photo heavy post. These polishes are so gorgeous there is no way that I can just show you one or two. Let’s get to it shall we.
These are the 5 colours I have on.
- Thumb – Zoya PixieDust in Godiva (best described as a soft nude with a sugared sparkle)
- Pointer – Zoya PixieDust in Chyna (best described as a red dazzle with a sugared sparkle)
- Middle – Zoya PixieDust in Dahlia (Black)
- Ring – Zoya PixieDust in Nyx (best described as a perfect periwinkle with a sugared sparkle)
- Pinky – Zoya PixieDust in Vespa (best described as a Mint Kiss with a sugared sparkle)
The only one I did not use was Zoya PixieDust in London (best described as a fog gray with a sugared sparkle). I knew that I loved London so I thought I would give the others a try. Even though I knew I loved them all from the minute I saw them 😉
I was SO nervous to paint my nails in front of anyone that I made a bit of a mess with the paint job but I tried to clean up decently once I got home. I am SO in love with these polishes. I just can’t stop staring at my nails. The PixieDust polishes also doesn’t need a base or top coat. You paint them onto you bare nail. You can however use a top coat but it will change the look of it. I actually like it both ways which means with one colour you can already have multiple looks. More photo’s you say?
Isn’t that just beautiful? I was blown away by how much I do actually love all the colours. I knew I would love London and probably Dahlia. Then I saw them all and knew I loved them all but my biggest surprise was Godiva (thumb). It looks so elegant and beautiful but I am already thinking of a hundred different ways to funk it up as well.
I am sure you now understand why Zoya is on my ‘Lust Have’ list? There is more though. They also have the best remover ever! In the photos you see me holding a small bottle of ‘Zoya Remove’. Amazing polish remover. Gentle and kind on your fingers but super powerful with taking off of polish. Zoya polishes will also not stain your nails or skin on removal. Zoya also has sugar scrub and lip plumpers. Zoya ‘Hot Lips’ is a glossy lip balm which acts as a balm and lip gloss with colour. I tried some of this and it was amazing. No sticky lips, no funny smells or tastes. It smells so good. It left my lips feeling smooth and delicious
Zoya also has a sister company called Qtica and they have tons of treatments like cuticle oil gels, hand repair balm, foot repair balm and a natural nail growth system plus tons more.
Here are some more pictures I took while I was there.
Rows and rows of pretty. This wasn’t even half it though. *swoon*
The whole PixieDust collection. Left to right: Godiva, Vespa, Nyx, London, Chyna, Dahlia
Pink top coat! Yes, the perfect jelly sandwich.
If you follow me on twitter you would’ve seen this one yesterday. This is how it all started :P.
If you, like me, think that these are the most gorgeous polishes on the planet or if you also love what the Zoya brand stands for then follow them on Facebook and Twitter and stay up to date with what they are up to. The PixieDust collection is not available yet but it is available for pre-order.
I also want to tell you about the Zoya Color Lock system that I won recently. I am saving that for another post so that this one doesn’t get any longer. I am also going to be putting my order in soon so expect some Zoya giveaway love here really soon! In the mean time go and give Zoya SA some love on twitter and or facebook. You can also follow them on Pinterest.
Also, There is a Zoya Shade called Michelle. It is pink. Just saying……..
(Actually, there is tons of pink when you look at Zoya SA pages. I think this is a sign yes?)
Thanks for reading!