The Sunshine Award is given to those who inspire us and bring ‘sunshine’ into our lives. I was nominated by the gorgeous and fabulous Luzanne from Pink Peonies. It really is such an honour to be nominated by one of my favourite bloggers. Pink Peonies is one of my favourite blogs because not only is it pretty to look at and super informative and current but Luzanne is also one of the sweetest people I ‘know’. If you haven’t been there yet, go now!
There are a few simple rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Include award logo in or on your blog post.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers to give this award to.
1. If you won a million dollars (let’s say R 10 million for our South African bloggers), what would be the first thing you would buy and why?
The first thing I would do is pay off our house. Then I would allocate a nice chunk to hubby and I to spend on whatever we like (gadgets for him, makeup, nail polish etc for me) and invest the rest.
2. Do you have any pets and if so, what are they? And their names?
Hahaha I do have quite a few pets. Here is the list:
- Cody – Chow (dog)
- Zena – Sharpei x (dog)
- Meelo – Jack Russel (dog)
- Frank – Pug (dog)
- Patch – Maltese Poodle (dog)
- Charlie – Cocker Spaniel (dog)
- Shadow – cat
- Tigger – cat – She was my dad’s cat and came to live with us when he went to hospital. She is miserable and still doesn’t get along with any of the other animals :/
3. Who is your favourite beauty guru and why?
I don’t really have beauty gurus. I am very ‘safe’ in my makeup and tend to stick to similar colours and styles. That being said I do like Gee_Whiskers and Mother City Mom for inspiration for colours and ideas and include Lipgloss Kisses and Pink Peonies for product reviews and ideas. I am sticking to my SA bloggers because I know I can get same or similar products. And I am proudly South African 😉
4. What kind of blog posts do you like to write the most?
I don’t have a specific type of post that I like because all my posts are things I like to write about.
5. Name a few of your favourite bloggers and what you like about their blog.
First of all let me say that these questions always drive me crazy because I have a ton of favourite bloggers. I would need a whole day to list them all. So I am going to stick to 5 random choices from all my favourites. Besides the ones I already mentioned in question 3. For the Love of Nail Art and Madness Nails are my inspiration and support when it comes to nail art. Glamorous Glitter has fun posts and she always manages to post something I need, want or am interested in. The Glam Green Girl always inspires me to live a greener life. I’ll Take it All, packed with gorgeous photo’s, great informative posts and she covers some really great events too.
6. If you could take a 2 week vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go, and who would you take with you?
Hubby and I are saving and planning for just this. 1 week over Christmas at Disney World and 1 week over new year in New York. It might sound silly but that is what we want to do.
7. If you could only wear one brand of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Holy smokes. This is a tough one. Uhm….probably MAC?
8. Describe your favourite casual outfit?
My favourite casual outfit at home would include my favourite pyjama pants but if I was out in public it would probably be leggings and a comfy long top.
9. What is your favourite holiday?
I am going with Christmas but only because it means we are all home and together and get to enjoy time together without the rush we have during the rest of the year. It means plenty of time in the pool with good people and good food.
10. What TV series are you looking forward to watching?
I am currently watching most of the shows I enjoy but one I am really looking forward to it Ravenswood.
I am nominating the following 5 bloggers. I am trying to not create too many duplicate nominations.
Thank you so much for the nomination Luzanne. It really is so special and I had great fun doing this!
Thanks for reading.