Boy am I glad it’s Friday. That also means that tomorrow it is one week until the Durban Polish Party. Seats are filling up so if you want a spot get in touch soon soon! Anyway, onto the nails.
When I did the rainbow and galaxies of the M.T.V Challenge I did the blue/green gradient but it was covered so much by the rainbow that you couldn’t really see it. I absolutely loved it though so I knew I wanted to do it again. Then when I showed some of the new Essence polishes I loved Crazy Fancy Love so I knew I wanted to combine it as well. This is what I came up with.
The colours I used:
- Essence – If I were a boy (blue)
- Essence – Upper green side (green)
- Essence – Crazy Fancy Love (gold)
- Essence – Stampy polish in black.
What I did:
- I started with 2 coats of Crazy Fancy Love on my pinky and ring finger.
- I started with 1 coat of If I were a boy on my middle, index and thumb.
- Once that was completely dry, I took my sponge and painted on a line of Upper green side and If I were a boy.
- I then sponged the gradient onto my index, middle and thumbs.
- I top coated with my quick dry topcoat
- When that was completely dry I stamped the butterfly wing using BM424 and Essence stampy polish in black.
- I used my small dotting tool to fill in the dots at the top of the wings with the contrasting colour polish.
- When that was all done I top coated again.
I actually really loved this but the gradient was my absolute favourite part. What do you think of this gradient butterfly wing look? What are your plans for the weekend? I really hope we have a quieter one so that I can catch up on the 100 things I am behind on 😉 I will show swatches of the colours I used at the bottom of the post. Let me know what you think and I hope you have a great weekend, whatever you do.
Thanks for reading
Essence – If I were a boy
Essence – Upper green side
Essence – Crazy Fancy Love